View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bowser's Brain Control Takeover (Released!) 
Snow ParaTroopa
Snow ParaTroopa

Current Project: Bowser's Brain Control Takeover (Deluxe)
ImageImageImageImage

Bowser's Brain Control Takeover
A Super Mario Brothers X Episode
Created by Blaarg and FallingSnow

Today is July 16th, 2011. After one whole year, Bowser's Brain Control Takeover (BBCT) has finally been released. It took a long time to perfect things and make this episode on of the best. Blaarg and I worked hard to bring you this, BBCT. The episode was tested thoroughly to remove as many of the annoying bugs and glitches as possible. We both hope that you enjoy playing BBCT and have loads of fun.

The Story Behind It
What's BBCT all about? Well, Peach went out on a stroll one afternoon in the Mushroom Kingdom with one of her Toads. After much difficulty, the Toad was able to persuade Princess Peach to follow him far from her castle. When Bowser appeared behind a hill, the Toad handed Peach over to him. What was the reason for this? The Toad had been brainwashed!

This was not a normal occurrence in the Mushroom Kindgom. In fact, it had never happened before. Kind Toads had never been brainwashed. Bowser sent out fashionable helmets all over the Mushroom Kindgom to turn the nice characters we all know into evil monsters. The only was to stop this madness is to strike down the source of this brain-controlling, Bowser's Castle.

The Mario Brothers must defeat Bowser at his castle. They will encounter many trials, difficult puzzles, and secrets along their way. Can you help them defeat the menace, Bowser?

A Little About BBCT
Let's learn a little bit about the game. Bowser's Brain Control Takeover contains nine different worlds, each with a different theme. As you progress through the game, difficulty greatly rises from simple to challenging and then later to very difficult. Don't get used to the simplicity of the first few worlds (WARNING: Some levels of this episode may cause anger, rage, and stress. Stay calm for best results).

Throughout the game, you will pass through the following worlds: Green Grasslands, Icy Icicle Island, Isolated Caverns, Beach-side Badlands, Haunted Mansion Resort, Desert Dunes, Land of the Goombas, Lava Lake, and Stardust Isle. Each of these worlds includes four main levels and one bonus game (Except Worlds 7,8, and 9). The bonus games are great opportunities to have fun and earn valuable items. This adds up to a total of 41 levels for you to enjoy (Or an estimated 4+ hours of gameplay). You'll have fun (for a while at least ;P ).

Let's look at some screenshots!
(16 of them)
Spoiler:

Created by:
Blaarg - Leader
FallingSnow - Co-Leader
Hunter2258 - Level Designer
Red_Yoshi - Beta Tester and Graphic Designer

Also thanks to all the people who created graphics for SMBX. Red_Yoshi's graphic pack was very helpful in sprucing up the levels. :)

Comments? Questions? Thoughts? Bugs or Glitches?
I'll be checking back at this topic often to answer questions and talk to any of you about the game. Let us know what you think.

If you find any bugs with the episode, feel free to post them here or PM them to me. I'll be sure to fix them as quick as I can. A bug fix version will be uploaded within the next week or so.

The Episode
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u85q6s

The Music
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yfetoq

(New link uploaded by someone else: http://www.sendspace.com/file/or1k3j)

NOTE:
Spoiler:
I was having some trouble with uploading the episode, so splitting it up into music and the levels made things easier. Uploading times greatly decreased as well (Easier to upload in two smaller times than one long one). Having it split up like this would make uploading easier and quicker since I wouldn't have to upload the music again.

Sorry if that complicates downloading. It shouldn't be too bad, though since you just have to move all of the music files into the episode folder.

If you would, could you guys tell me what your favorite and least favorite levels are? What's good/bad about them, and what can we do to improve the bad things?

Post in the topic here or PM me. I'll read and see if I can improve some of the bad qualities in the levels.
(Also, which levels need checkpoints?)

Snowy Episode
   10%

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Current Project: The Great Awakening II
Fantastic episode. The level design was awesome, the custom graphics were amazing, and overall level appearance was beast.

[ ] update goals
[ ] become a moderator
[x] finish the community episode and start a new one or help out on another project

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:02 am
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

OMG, I have been waiting for this episode for a long time, remember me, I was the guy who always commented about it, and now its finally out! Deffintly going to download this! :)

Quote:
Why would you go that way, its the same distance but its longer...

No one has ever choked while swallowing their pride but why take the chance?

Visit my freinds site at: http://smbxsupurge.forumotion.com/ or http://thevaltteriisland.createforum.net/index.php !

Redigit: 1.3.1 will blow your mind.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:55 pm
Green Cheep-Cheep
Green Cheep-Cheep

Screenies looks awesome so im downloading now!

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:09 pm
Snow ParaTroopa
Snow ParaTroopa

Current Project: Bowser's Brain Control Takeover (Deluxe)
I have begun working on the deluxe version of Bowser's Brain Control Takeover. What is different about the deluxe version you many ask. The Deluxe version of BBCT is a newer, updated version of the episode featuring:

A Custom Intro
Bug Fixes
Developer Comments throughout the episode
Added Checkpoints

I'm currently up to World 5 with the comments on the episode. I'll continue working on this to hopefully bring you guys BBCT Deluxe within a little while. Enjoy!

Snowy Episode
   10%

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Sounds good. :D
Can't wait.

Quote:
Why would you go that way, its the same distance but its longer...

No one has ever choked while swallowing their pride but why take the chance?

Visit my freinds site at: http://smbxsupurge.forumotion.com/ or http://thevaltteriisland.createforum.net/index.php !

Redigit: 1.3.1 will blow your mind.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:24 am
Green Cheep-Cheep
Green Cheep-Cheep

Ooh this looks really good. I'll try it eventually. (im usually lazy with long projects so i tend not to play them.. Or take forever :P)

And cant wait to see more of your new project!

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:21 am
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Current Project: The Great Awakening II
I'm looking forward to the deluxe version :p

[ ] update goals
[ ] become a moderator
[x] finish the community episode and start a new one or help out on another project

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:22 pm
Goomba
Goomba

Very nice.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:41 pm
Red Goomba
Red Goomba

Current Project: The Crash of the Worlds
Usually a project take long time for me, and still it has bugs, inclomplete exits, graphic errors, etc.
Why? Because I don't really have much free time. And I always forget to pay attention to SMBX, but when I do, I advance a little more than I would advance normally. So, after this project that I'm making is finished, I'm goin to start a Kaizo-like project:
The quest from Impossibility
I'm not going to spoil it, since it's still on my brain, waiting to be writed, but...
This is a good project. I like it. It's my inspiration (it's not that I'm going to copy your levels or something like that, I'm not that way)
But in all ways, it has good and classic gameplay, average difficulty and good level design.
I give it...

That's the secret of success:
Happiness...

Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next